When you know there’s, an upcoming hospital stay in your future, knowing what to pack to take with you can make that stay far more comfortable for you. It’s much easier to pre-pack and be ready to go to the palm beach hospital than it is to send your spouse or children back and forth to retrieve forgotten items, so use the checklist below to ensure that you’re well packed and prepared for your hospital stay!
Hospital Stay Checklist
- Documents: The insurance card is probably the most important of documents needed for the hospital stay, so ensure that it is in your possession upon arrival. Additionally, bring with you a list of medications that you take, telephone numbers of friends and family, your driver’s license or identification card, and any other documents or paperwork necessary for your visit.
- Change: Newspapers, sodas, snacks, and other vending items are tempting when in the hospital. If you’re allowed such items during your stay, have change on hand to get these items.
- Clothes: Personal undergarments should be brought to the hospital with you, as well as a change of clothing (or two.) Don’t forget to bring a nightgown or pajamas to sleep in, as well as a couple of pairs of socks and maybe even a pair of slippers or house shoes.
- Toiletries: Most people aren’t keen on the soap and shampoos offered by the hospital, so be sure to pack these items and bring along with you. Lotion, shampoo, soap, deodorant, and other necessities are easy to bring along with you.
- Personal Items: From blankets and pillows to photographs and other personal items, bringing them with you for a stay in the hospital and help you relax and unwind, and make what is a difficult suitable a little bit easier.